February 16, 2010

Quick Jambalaya

I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day!  It snowed like crazy here, so the DH and I stayed in and I made us a special spicy love felt dinner.  Also, as part of my 101 things in 1001 days I am determined to try a new recipe each week.  SO I thought this would be the perfect time.  I found a yummy recipe for a Quick Jambalaya on my Martha's website.  I thought the recipe was pretty easy to follow and the prep/cook time wasn't too bad either.  I used my handy dandy Pampered Chef Food Chopper, so chopping took no time at all.  I love that thing!  Lots of onions, green peppers, and garlic...oh my! :)  We didn't have any Andouille sausage, so we used spicy sausage instead.  Just added a side of cornbread and tah dah!  Yummy spicy Jambalaya.  Tim and I enjoyed our Valentine's Day Jambalaya in the family room all cozied up on the couch in front of the fireplace and watched the snow... with a big glass of milk.  Talk about romantic people! :)  Tim gave this recipe two thumbs up!  I thought it was good and tasty....and filling.  Next time I may add some shrimp (I love seafood) and try and find Andouille sausage.  But that's just my opinion....  Once again I gotta give a shout out to my girl Martha Stewart for another fabulous recipe!  Here are some pics.  Enjoy!

I know it looks like a mess....but it's Jambalaya!  It's not supposed to look pretty....right?

Mmmmmm....Getting hungry?....

Our view of the snow.....big old fat snowflakes....

Pretty....but I'm SO ready for Spring....

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
                                                             

3 comments:

Meg said...

My parents used to buy andouille sausage at the Soulard Market when they would come visit.

Unknown said...

Well I will have to make a trip then! :)

Rebecca Dot Com said...

your blog is totally cute! i'm following you now! follow me!!

http://justcherishtoday.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave a comment! :)

 
CoffeeShop Designs