February 10, 2010

♥ Sexual Responsibility Week ♥

SO just in case you didn't know, this week is Sexual Responsibility Week.  I work at a college so there are always information tables set up all over campus. Today I just happened to walk by "Q&A" table.  I couldn't help myself.  I was in the hallway talking to some of my students when in the distance I saw evening gowns on display.  I have an "eye for fashion" so I was drawn in right away.  Yes actual evening gowns.  I asked my students if there was a fashion show going on and my students were like "Oh you have to go check it out!"....so I did.  As I got closer, I realized that these just weren't any evening gowns, they were actually made out of condoms.  I laughed....then thought "this is really cool!".  The Alliance For Sexual Gender and Diversity had set up tables as well as a display promoting safe sex and Sexual Responsibility Week.  In college, I volunteered many many hours working one on one with a non-profit organization and educating members of an "at risk" community about safe sex, STDs, and HIV prevention.  I am also a former Patient Educator, so "Sexual Responsibility" is very important to me.  I don't take my camera with me to work, but at lunch I decided to run home and grab it.  I'm so glad I did.  Here are a few pics from the winners of the "Condom Chic Fashion Show" which was held Thursday night at the The Regency Hotel.  I would also like to give a big shout out to Q&A and their lovely President Janel Leonard.  You all are doing an awesome job!  Here are a few pics.  Enjoy!

Coming in Third Place was this little colorful number.  This was my personal favorite.

The designer Alana Lehr from Bethany Place did an amazing job!


Up close and personal.....love the colors....

Is that "ruching" at the top????  Very chic....  :)

And in Second Place is this little number.  Designer from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

Check out the one shoulder strap, very in right now. :)

And in First Place:  Designer from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
I believe this one was inspired by Halle Berry.

Cool huh???  In the words of Christian Siriano "Fierce!"....  :)

Thanks again to Q&A!!!  Have a fabulous day! 

 
                                                         

2 comments:

Meg said...

The third place one is definitely the best of those 3!!

Unknown said...

I really like the 3rd place one, looks like something Lady Gaga could wear! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave a comment! :)

 
CoffeeShop Designs