February 11, 2011

Turquoise and Pink: Antique Pretty Things

So when I was in 4th grade I REALLY wanted a peach and turquoise room.  Well finally my senior year of high school my mom let me paint my room a dark turquoise/hunter green and my bedding was a peach and green patterned quilt.  Do these colors "technically" match?  No...  Do I care?  Obviously not... :)  I recently paid a visit to my favorite antique shop Keil's.  Some of you may already know this, but I am obsessed with antiques....especially dishes and chunky colored depression glass.  I just can't help myself.  But I picked up a few things and wanted to share.  Enjoy!


I love big chunky pitchers...
I have a yellow one just like it....



Squeeeee!...



It's sitting pretty between our Tiffany wedding toasting flutes...

I found this set of pink depression glass plates in the bargain basement. 
I am not a pink person, I'm a red person....but these plates are GORGEOUS! 
The pattern is so chunky and....chunky....LOVE.... :)





UH I can't handle it....how flippin gorgeous is that pattern?...

Some of you are probably like "It's a plate, get over it"
You get over it....okay.... :)

Obsessed...

My china cabinet is now overflowing with antique goodness....I have no more room!
So I guess I am just going to have to get another china cabinet....right?  RIGHT!

Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Oooh, lovely finds (and shots of them)! I had a peach and green room too. From about 13 to 20 years old! :o)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave a comment! :)

 
CoffeeShop Designs