March 24, 2010

Spring Break 2010- NYC- Part 1

NYC was just as I remembered it...loud, packed full of people, lots of different odors, and full of energy.  It's amazing how one island can hold 8 million people, craziness.  DH and I burned lots of calories walking around...and thank goodness because the food is AH mazing and cheesecake and carrot cake were part of my NYC diet.  Even though I came back from NYC with a cold, which has now turned into Bronchitis...it was really nice to revisit the city and explore new neighborhoods.  Because I took SO many photos, I will break them down into multiple posts.  Here are a few to get you started.  Enjoy!

I love reading city guides, they really help you plan out the day and are full of useful and FREE info...


We stayed across the river in Newark, NJ.  We figured public transportation would be the way to go...it is NYC...


We decided to take the train...





Tim really was excited...I promise....


I was in love with the gorgeous ceramic tiles in the subway....the colors are gorgeous and the fact that some of these numbers/works of art date back to 1904 is very cool in my book.


Lots of entertainment in the Subway...especially at Penn Station...


According to our map...we started our adventure in the "Fashion" District...


NYC is a great work out.....especially when you are trying to take pictures and not get run over by people....or taxis....


I am a HUGE fan of Project Runway...so of course I got all excited when I spotted Parsons.  I started quoting Tim Gunn right away..."Make it work!"..."Make it work people!"
DH does a great impression of Heidi Klum..."youwww ouwwwwt"...


Gorgeous architecture..


Loved the windows on this building...


Note to self:  When you wear a camera around your neck, people will know you are a tourist and bug the crap out of you....check!
We took a break and ate lunch at the famous Carnegie Deli


The walls of the Deli are covered in celebrity photos and autographs...


They give each table their very own bowl of pickles...I have a slight addiction to pickles....so I was very excited...


Ok besides my dorky husband stealing my pickles....do you see the guy behind him on the right?  Doesn't he kind of look like Josh Hartnett ????  It very well could have been..I was just too busy fighting Tim over pickles.... I didn't notice him until now...


Hot Pastrami....yummo!  Big thanks to my friend Dana for warning us about the large portions....and the great tip about splitting everything.  I shared with DH... :)


Had to try the famous cheesecake...it was delish!  Oh and they seat (cram) you at tables with other people (strangers)....I have a huge "wing span" when I eat...the very nice German guy next to me was very understanding about me elbowing him....multiple times....  :) 


We eventually rolled ourselves out the door and ventured uptown to Central Park.

Stay Tuned!

5 comments:

Dana Fallaize said...

The pics are great! And good pick with the sandwich, that's our fav!

Unknown said...

Thanks Dana! That sandwich was SO good...You were a huge help with all of the suggestions, tips, and addresses! Gold star for you :)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! You take amazing pictures. Glad you had a blast in NYC. That guy does resemble Josh a bit, if he grew a mustache and beard but not so much to be him...although who knows...we haven't seen him much lately in the news.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love your images.
So glad you had such a fab visit to NYC :)

Unknown said...

Jennifer- Thank you! He does resemble him just a bit, but no I don't think it was...hehe...but wouldn't it be awesome if it was??? :)

Andi- Thanks Andi! I'll have to go back and bring you as my shopping partner! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave a comment! :)

 
CoffeeShop Designs