March 18, 2010

New York City....

Happy Thursday!  DH and I decided to take a last minute trip up to NYC for a few days.  We flew into Newark, NJ which had the most FANTASTIC view of Manhattan.  A sea of tall buildings, the Empire State Building, Lady Liberty.....I got all giddy.  As I walked into the airport, I spotted a very tan girl rocking "the poof" made famous by Snooki (The Jersey Shore).  You know what I'm talking about, you watch that show! :)  I also noticed that a lot of girls were dressed in "biker chic" gear as I call it...lots of black and grey, leggings, chunky black combat-ish boots with lots of buckles and zippers, and lots of military style black hats.  Loved it.  The last time I was in New York I was 19 years old and a Photography major in my freshman year of college.  My dad and I roamed the city and crammed as much as we could into 2 days.  It was loud, dirty, exhausting, and awesome.  Now eight years later and having a little "NYC" under my belt, I am really looking forward to the next few days.  We are going to venture out into the Upper East Side as well and the Upper West Side.  Looking forward to walking barefoot in Central Park, exploring the The Met, grabbing a hot pastrami sandwich at the famous Carnegie Deli, and viewing The Frick Collection.  I'm a huge art buff and could live in an art museum for the rest of my life and be happy.  As I sat down last night to "plan" our itinerary, I spent a good hour studying the map of Manhattan and all of the different neighborhoods.  Meatpacking District, Chelsea, Soho, Greenwich Village.....it's never ending....and I love that....  I love to people watch, and NYC is the perfect place for it.  Off we go into the big city, wish us luck! :)


Hope you have a FABULOUS day!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Have fun! If you have a chance to get discounted tickets (or if you want to pay full price) -- go see Ragtime!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, have so much fun! What a great trip! Can't wait to see your beautiful images!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Manhattan! You have picked a great weekend, it is going to be about 70 tomorrow with the great weather until Sunday late afternoon or so!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! The weather is AH mazing! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave a comment! :)

 
CoffeeShop Designs